The key functions for the Generation Directorate are as follows:
- Prepare statement of requirements based on ADWEC's Statement of Future Capacity.
- Develop schedule of critical requirements, as needed.
- Prepare procurement plan for new water production and electricity generation plants.
- Select advisors for each individual procurement.
- Issue requests for pre-qualification to select qualified bidders for each round of procurement
- Issue tenders (requests for proposals) for each procurement
- Analyze responses to tenders and select preferred bidders.
- Request approvals to award tenders to suitable bidders.
- Award contracts for new power and water capacities